Fish are some of the most fascinating creatures out there. These animals come in many colors and sizes, making the seas, lakes, rivers, and even indoor aquariums full of life! Because of this, many children love watching and learning about fish.
Fish also dominate children’s stories, movies, and books. Have you watched Finding Nemo or Finding Dory recently? How about The Little Mermaid or SpongeBob Squarepants? Have you also read the adorable story of The Rainbow Fish? Kids love these!
Children also love humor—there’s nothing like a good laugh with the ones you love most. If you’re planning to dive into marine humor, why not read our hilarious fish puns?
If all goes swimmingly, your little one will laugh all day long with these fin-tastic puns and jokes!
Funny Fish Puns to Tell Your Kids
Photo by crisdips
Joking around with your little one is among the best ways to bond with them. Not only does humor help lighten up their mood, but it also helps boost their learning and cognitive development. Telling jokes to children also improves their confidence, motivation, and creativity.
So, without further ado, let’s dive into some of the funniest fish puns you can tell your kids!
- We’re betting that it can’t sea that well.
What do you call a fish with no eye? A fsh.
- Why don’t we cross fish and music puns?
What kind of music does a fish make? Something catchy!
What’s a fish’s favorite song? “Don’t Stop Be-reef-ing!”
What is the difference between a guitar and a fish? You can tune a guitar but you can’t tuna fish.
- We bet you never thought of it this way.
Why do fish always swim in schools? Well, they can’t walk.
- Maybe you can use your shell-phone for this.
How do you talk to a fish? You just have to drop it a line!
- They have to stay updated, too!
What do fish talk about under the sea? Current events.
- Your little one probably won’t sea this coming!
What type of nutrient do fish need to stay healthy? Vitamin Sea.
- They caught him there, didn’t they?
Why did the bad fish go to jail? He was gill-ty!
Who caught the bad fish? The offisher!
- Fish and finances: Who knew they’d work so well?
Which fish is the most expensive one to buy? A goldfish.
Where do fish go to borrow money? A loan-shark.
Where do fish keep the money they save? The riverbank.
- They better swim fast, or else a sea turtle might beat them there.
Where do fish go when they race? The fin-ish line!
- Don’t let the lack of puns weigh you down; here’s a funny one!
Why are fish so easy to weigh? Because they have their own scales.
- You’ve heard of fish schools, but what about hospitals?
How do shellfish get to the hospital? They ride a clambulance!
Where do fishes go when they need stitches? The sturgeon.
What did the fish say when it saw another fish that was hurt? Salmon call the doctor!
- They are not as shiny, but they sure are pretty.
What sea creature only comes out at night? A starfish.
- It’s hard to sea them when you’re not looking hard enough.
How do shellfish hide so well? They have clam-ouflage.
- Now, that’s a funny pun in more ways than one!
What is a clown fish’s favorite saying? “Keep your friends close and your anemones closer.”
- This is one fish pun you won’t forget:
What do you call a really cute fish? A-dory-ble!
- The other fish didn’t really have much of a fighting chance.
I had to choose between two fish today. One was good, but the other one was betta.
- How about a Christmas joke to celebrate the holidays?
What did the fish say when it sang a Christmas carol? We fish you a merry Christmas!
Fishing Jokes That Will Catch You Off Guard
Photo by Maël BALLAND
Going fishing with your little one is another experience they won’t forget. It’s an excellent chance to learn more about marine life and how to respect the environment, and it’s a fun activity for the whole family.
Now, while you’re casting your lines, why not tell fishing puns and jokes, too? These will have you reeling with laughter:
- This joke will guarantee more than a single chuckle!
What’s better than catching just one fish? Catching two-na!
- This may be the real reason why their only sport is swimming.
Why don’t fish like basketball and volleyball? They’re scared of nets!
- Well, at least the fish was being careful.
I tried to make a deal with a fish today. She thought about it and asked, “Well, what’s the catch?”
- Fishing is fun, but it can definitely stink sometimes.
What do you get if you cross a fishing rod with a dirty sock? A hook, a line, and a stinker!
- Having trouble with fin-ances?
My friend was a fisherman, but he quit recently. He just could not scale up his net income.
- Don’t forget to bring this on your fishing trip!
What’s a fisherman’s friend called? Chum.
Silly Shark Puns
Photo by Holger Wulschlaeger
Sharks are among the most famous fish—many kids love the song Baby Shark! Despite their intimidating reputation, they’re still some of the most iconic sea creatures one can encounter. So, let’s take a bite out of these silly shark puns:
- Was it a bit fishy, too?
What did the shark say after eating a clownfish? “Well, that tasted a bit funny!”
- We better watch out for these hungry creatures!
What did the shark have for dinner? Fish and ships!
- Uh-oh, won’t the bread get soggy underwater?
What did a shark eat with its peanut butter sandwich? A jellyfish.
Frequently Asked Questions on Fish
What’s the biggest fish in the world?
The world’s biggest fish is the whale shark. Although it’s a shark, it’s a gentle giant that only eats tiny, shrimp-like creatures called krill.
Do fish sleep?
Fish can’t rest their eyes as we do, but many do take rests throughout the day. They find safe spots and take breaks from swimming at night. However, some fish, like tuna and sharks, never stop swimming!
Which fish swims the fastest?
The Pacific sailfish is the fastest fish in the ocean. They can swim up to 68.35 mph (110 km/h). For comparison, the fastest human swimmer can only reach a top speed of 4.71 mph (7.58 km/h).