Introducing Easter to kids might be a little bit challenging for some parents. The main reason here is that parents have to tell first the hardships that Jesus had experienced before we should receive this celebration. The reality is that Jesus has to feel the pain for us to be with him at the right time.
But after the challenges and sufferings, there will always be a light and hope that will be shown to us. And this marks the importance of Easter because this is when we fully feel the unconditional love Jesus has for us. He will again be resurrected, and be with us as we have to live our lives in the most grateful state possible.
After sharing the story behind Easter, we should now celebrate with our kids as we give them these Easter puns! These Easter puns will serve as one of the best reasons to be joyful and content with Easter.
Easter Puns for Kids
Courtesy of Victoria_Watercolor
To make this Easter extra special, here are Easter puns to have for your adorable kids. They will not only experience the true happiness they deserve, but also the love of Jesus for humankind. Let’s start with these fun categories for Easter puns:
Puns about Chick
Courtesy of Toni Cuenca
- Just chicken in on you today!
- Chick me out!
- Hatching a plan for the Easter egg hunt.
- Just one cool chick.
- Chick out my egg hiding skills.
- There’ll be no fowl-play on Easter Sunday!
- Test your cluck at the egg hunt.
- Eating candy around the cluck today.
- My favorite chicks!
- Feeling like a spring chicken today.
- How many chicks does it take to cross the lake?
- Fresh outta clucks.
- You’re one funny chick.
- Working around the cluck to get ready for Easter.
- You’ve got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel clucky?
- The plot chickens…
- For peep’s sake!
- No fowl language around the eggs.
- Pickin’ up chicks.
- We’re like two peeps in a pod.
- Hanging out with my chicks.
To know more about how to create an easy Easter chick craft, check this video here: How to Make a Paper Chick by Easter Crafts for Kids
Puns about Easter eggs
Courtesy of Anncapictures
- I’m an Easter eggs-pert.
- No eggs-cuses for losing the egg hunt!
- You’re poaching all my best yolks.
- So egg-cited for Easter.
- Shelling out all these Easter puns!
- You’re eggs-actly my type.
- I’ve got to eggs-ercise after all this candy.
- Eggs-cuse me?!
- Having a cracking time.
- You’re egg-stra special.
- The prettiest Easter egg in the basket!
- Over-easy like a Sunday morning.
- I’ve been dyeing to color Easter eggs!
- Looking on the sunny side up of life.
- You’re a good egg.
- Eggs-tremely ready to win this egg hunt!
- No eggs-cuses!
- All this candy makes me eggs-hausted.
- That’s all, yolks.
- Eggs love you so much.
- Hope you have an egg-stra special Easter.
- Felt cute, might have an eggcellent Easter later.
- What an egg-citing day.
- This Easter Sunday, I might whisk it!
- Let’s hope these Easter eggs are all they’re cracked up to be.
To know more about activities to play with Easter eggs, check this video here: Three Easter Activities for Kids by Susan Jones Teaching
Puns about Easter bunny
Photo by Stux
- I’d hop to the moon and back for you.
- We’re beyond hoppy with the Easter treats this ear.
- I don’t even carrot at all about how many chocolate bunnies I’m eating today.
- That bunny can really give an earful!
- No bunny lay a finger on my Easter candy.
- Some bunny is ready for Easter!
- It’s not even bunny how much I love Easter.
- Scary movies on Easter are really hare-raising!
- Hey there, hop stuff.
- I wanna dance with some bunny!
- Don’t worry, be hoppy.
- Having a good Easter hare day.
- I carrot-bout you so much!
- Bunny hop to it!
- The Easter Bunny cracks me up.
- You gotta hop ‘til you drop.
- Let’s live hoppily ever after.
- You’re so bunny, you always make me laugh.
- Some-bunny needs a hug.
- Can you carrot me to the store?
- The Easter bunny needs to be fluffier, so get the hare brush.
- This food is so good! It hops!
- I’m all ears today.
- You can always count on Easter for being a good hare day.
- The Easter bunny loves jewelry, especially 14 carrot gold.
- Nobody’s too hip to hop on Easter.
- I carrot believe it’s Easter.
- Gather round, and listen to my Easter tail. Don’t worry, it has a hoppy ending.
- It’s officially time for the egg hunt. Let’s hop to it!
To know more about the Easter bunny and their great symbol for Easter, check this video here: Easter Bunny Facts by LPC ATBP. VLOGS
Puns for Easter cards
Courtesy of George Dolgikh
- Hoppy Easter to some-bunny special.
- Hoppy Easter to all my peeps!
- Wishing you a basket full of egg-citement this Easter!
- Ears to you this Easter!
- Sending you warm Easter wishes… by hare-mail!
- Color me egg-cited to wish you a Happy Easter!
- Hope you have a hoppin’ good Easter!
- Ears hoping you have a very Hoppy Easter!
- Some-bunny is thinking of you!
- Hoppy Easter to my favorite practical yolker!
- Hope you have an egg-ceptional Easter this year!
To make the best and most awesome Easter card, check out this video with your kids: Easter Egg Card Making by The Little Crafties
Frequently Asked Questions on Easter Puns for Kids
What is Easter about in kids words?
Easter is about the resurrection of Jesus. This means that this holiday is about the happiness it brings to all the people. Easter is about the rebirth and rising from the death of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Kids will love to know more about the history, traditions, and decorations of Easter.
What is the message of Easter for kids?
Easter is the holiday that we are looking forward to because this is the day that our Savior is alive again. He has risen to save all of us from all our sins. This means that Jesus Christ dearly loves us, and He will do anything to be with Him in the end. Kids will know that Easter is the time when we will experience unending love from Jesus.
Did you know Easter facts for kids?
Here are some facts that your kids will enjoy knowing about Easter:
- It is a Ukrainian tradition to paint and color the Easter eggs
- The biggest Easter egg found is about 5000 pounds.
- Another awesome snack that is served before Easter is pretzels.
- There are over 1.5 million Cadbury Creme Eggs that are made every single day!
- The first UK chocolate egg was made in Bristol.
What does Easter symbolize?
Easter symbolizes the love of God for us, through Jesus Christ our Savior. God loves us and the whole world, and so, He decided to send His one and only Son to us. This promise of love will never go wrong because this is how He loves and cares for us. Jesus carried His promise, and so we are all saved from our sins.
How do I tell my 4 year old about Easter?
There are four good and creative ways of how you can tell your kids about Easter:
- Let them watch and hear an Easter musical. For a better example, here is Easter Musical by Veggietales.
- Read to them the story of Easter and discuss it carefully afterward. This will be great if you will read the story with the whole family!
- Be creative and transform your garden into a resurrection garden! Have a simple bowl and decorate it with artificial grass, a tomb, and a grave. You can also share the Easter story while decorating it with your kids.
- Have an exciting Easter egg hunt! For a twist, you can have glow-in-the-dark Easter eggs and hide them inside the house with the lights off.
How do you talk to kids about Good Friday?
You can slowly talk to your kids by keeping the conversation as simple as possible. It will be better if you will first consider your kid’s age because there will be pain from the challenges that Jesus faced. It will also be good to emphasize the goodness and love we have to share with others because this is the message that Jesus leaves for us.
Can you ring the Easter Bunny?
Yes, it will be fun for kids to call Easter Bunny on Easter! Let your kids follow the Easter Bunny on his adventure. They can also call him on his journey by getting the app called Call Easter Bunny for iPhone devices, and Call Easter Bunny for Android devices.
Why did the Easter egg hide?
Easter eggs should be hidden because they are meant to be found by women and children. There is also a custom where a hare will have a basket full of brightly colored eggs, and these awesome eggs are for the children. But these eggs will only be given to well-behaved children, and they have to find them in the garden!
What are 3 Easter traditions?
Easter traditions will complete the happiness and great bond within each family. Here are some great Easter traditions to have for your family:
- Colorful Easter Eggs – This is the most common and enjoyable tradition of all. This is because kids will love to decorate their own Easter eggs. They can also decorate their baskets and have a friendly competition!
- Easter Parade – Attending an Easter parade will be good for the whole family. Kids can have their Easter hats and walk around the streets. They will also enjoy the bands and music everywhere.
- The Easter Garden – An Easter garden is also a good symbol for Easter. This is because you can plant any flowers and let them grow with your kids. This is a good sign of how we are blooming through God’s love for us.