There’s something about cheese that makes it a staple to almost every meal. With its wide range of flavors, textures, and use, you can expect to find cheese in the refrigerators of every household. It also helps improve bone health and lower blood pressure!
But more than its savory taste and nutritional value, cheese can also be a source of good puns for your kids! From its friends in the dairy world to the different kinds of cheese, here are some cheese jokes that can make your kids love them even more!
All About Cheese
Photo by Abhishek Mahajan
We ask people to “say cheese!” whenever we want them to smile for a photo. But with these cheese puns, you wouldn’t have to tell them to say cheese anymore! These jokes will automatically put that beaming smile on their faces!
- Here’s proof you can also learn lessons from jokes!
What did the manager yell to the cheese thief? That’s nacho cheese.
- Even cheeses can be competitive!
What’s the smartest cheese? Cheese whiz!
- This one’s here to remind you that stealing is bad!
What did the police say to the cheese thief? You’ve been up to no Gouda.
- We love goudas, so here’s another pun featuring them!
Why were mozzarella and feta holding hands? They look gouda together.
- Be careful what you say about cheeses; they have feelings too!
Why did the cheese cry? It was having a meltdown.
- We’re sure your kids have their favorite cheese. They also have favorites of their own!
What’s the pirate’s favorite cheese? Chedd-ARRR!
- This one has some tips for your next story-telling session.
How did the cheese start his story? Oh queso….
- Imagine a talking cheese, more so a cheese quoting Shakespeare. That alone should be a good source of laughter!
What did the cheese say when he quoted Shakespeare? To brie or not to brie, that is the question.
- Let’s just hope you will not think about this one next time you slice a cheese bar.
Why didn’t the cheese want to get sliced? It had grater plans!
- Do you think cheeses talk about people, too?
What did the cheese say before having its picture taken? People!
Photo by Foodie Factor
- It’s perfectly fine to feel a little hungry after hearing this one.
When do they smother a burrito in cheese? In best queso scenario.
- Cheese is for people of all nationalities, but they’re even more special in French!
A tornado destroyed a French cheese factory. All that was left was de brie.
- A president should be flexible and loved by people. Why does this description fit a cheese?
Why did the cheese run for president? He wanted to make his country grate again.
- Gouda jokes just never get old.
When do you ignore what a cheese is saying? When it’s too Gouda to be true.
- We’ll understand if you still want to hear it anyway!
Have you heard the new quesadilla joke? Never mind, it’s too cheesy.
- This one is relatable and appropriate!
Why do you always bring a bag of cheese chips to a party? In queso emergency.
- Hail, hail the great cheese!
What cheese surrounds a medieval castle? Moatzeralla!
- In this case, two is better than one!
What do you call it when a cheese goes #2? Fondue-due.
- A good pick-up line has just the right combination of being sweet—and cheesy!
How do you know it’s getting kind of serious with a cheese lover? They tell you they are pretty fondue of you.
All About Dairy
Photo by ROMAN ODINTSOV
Other than puns about cheese, there are also some word plays and jokes you can hear about dairy! If you prefer a little less cheesy pun, here are some dairy jokes to enjoy with your kids!
- Well, with all dairy lovers worldwide, there’s no other way to do it!
When do the supermarkets restock their cheese? They restock it dairy.
- Here’s another way to respectfully—and wittily—ask for better manners!
What did the queen say when a man threw cheese at her? How dairy!
- If you’re looking for a dairy pun for Halloween, this one’s for you!
What did the dairy say in the haunted house? “I gotta get out of here, I’m lac-ghost intolerant.”
- We hope this is not an everyday occurrence!
The dairy farmer couldn’t find his way home last night. He completely lost his whey.
- Try it to know what makes this milk more special!
My cousin loves milk from Spain. She’s always drinking soy milk.
- A combination of a fruit and dairy pun makes the pun more tasty!
My pet cow thinks she produces almond milk. She must be nuts.
- Speaking of cows and milk, they might be a little hard to please when it comes to dairy puns!
The milk didn’t like my last joke. He wasn’t a-moo-sed.
- You might have to read this twice, but it’s worth the effort!
Milk is the fastest drink on the planet. It’s pasteurized before you even see it.
Frequently Asked Questions on Cheese
What are some fun facts about cheese?
Cheeses are very diverse. According to the International Dairy Foods Association, there are 2,000 varieties of cheese in the world! There is a website dedicated to just everything about cheeses! However, the most popular recipe in the United States is macaroni and cheese!
What does cheese do for kids?
Besides adding a rich taste to meals and sandwiches, cheese also provides kids with vitamins that are good for their bodies. Cheese can provide calcium, potassium, and magnesium for stronger bones and teeth. It also offers small amounts of iron, zinc, copper, and manganese! They are not only delicious but also certified nutritious!
Why is it called cheese?
From the Latin word “caseus,” the word cheese means to ferment or become sour. Cheese in Middle English is also called cīese or cēse in Old English.
Can kids eat cheese daily?
We understand that your kids want to add cheese to their meals at every possible time. But like everything else, cheese consumption should be in moderation. It is better to give your kids full-fat cheese pasteurized for their safety. Generally, whole cheeses are also healthier than processed cheese food products.