Contrary to popular belief, Valentine’s Day is not just for couples. It’s a day dedicated to celebrating all types and forms of love! If you want to use this day to express affection to your significant other, friend, parent, or kid, no one can stop you!
Other than the usual giving of flowers, chocolates, gifts, or even Valentine’s cards, you can also spend this day simply making your loved ones laugh! The gift of genuine happiness is easy to give but takes a long while to forget.
Looking for cheesy yet witty jokes to kick off the day of love? We present a list of Valentine puns that will send arrow smiles straight to your kids’ hearts!
Courtesy of Pixabay
Animal-themed Romantic Lines
If your kids are interested in animals, animal-related jokes will make their Valentine’s Day more special! They can tell these lines to any family member, and their adorable deliveries will surely add fun to the puns!
- We knew those purrs meant something!
What did the male cat say to his girlfriend? You are purrfect for me.
- Good to know the feeling is mutual.
What did the female cat reply? I love you meow and forever.
- As if their honey is not yet sweet enough.
What do you tell a bee for Valentines? Say you’ll bee mine.
- You might also see her blush as red as Rudolph’s nose.
How will you know that a doe likes you? She’ll say you are so deer to her.
- Such lucky partners If their love is as huge as their hearts.
How do whales express their love? I whale always love you.
- Definitely better than a dolphin kiss.
What did the dolphin say to her partner? You give my life a porpoise.
- They might be beaming from your roofs!
How do you make a lizard smile? Say that she’s one in chameleon!
- Can we have otters in our life, please?
How do otters assure each other of their love? I love you like no otter!
- Wondering what a koala’s love language might be.
What do koala couples do in their free time? Spend some koala-ty time together!
- Weave those feelings!
What do you say to a spider on Valentine’s Day? I want to hold your hand, hand, hand, hand, hand, hand, hand, hand!
- If this is the case, then snakes are actually loving creatures!
How do snakes show their love? With hugs and hisses.
- Just picture them skipping around – too excited to say this!
What did the rabbit say to his girlfriend on Valentine’s Day? Somebunny loves you!
Valentine’s Day Puns
Valentine’s Day is all about celebrating romance and love. And what better way to express your love for someone than to make them laugh? These jokes will combine the romantic vibe of Valentine’s and the fun brought by puns!
Courtesy of Jill Wellington
- We’re also waiting for the answer!
How did the phone propose to his sweetheart? He gave her a ring.
- Nobody can deny the warmth of this feeling!
What did the volcano say to his partner? I lava you.
- There’s just something about their fragrance!
Why are flowers popular on Valentine’s Day? Because they’re scent-imental!
- We’re sure he doesn’t mind missing some freedom.
Why did the sheriff lock up her boyfriend? He stole her heart.
- This is an unfair advantage!
What flower gives the most kisses on Valentine’s Day? Tu-lips!
- The timing of when to say it and where was probably calculated.
What did the scientist say to his sweetheart? We’ve got good chemistry!
- What a clean move!
What did the dustpan say to the broom? You sweep me off my feet!
- Even without the word play, this one is already sweet enough!
What did the painter say to her sweetheart? I love you with all my art.
- Talk about burning love!
What did one flame say to the other on Valentine’s Day? We’re a perfect match.
- Wouldn’t mind receiving this outside Valentine’s Day!
What do farmers give for Valentine’s Day? Lots of hogs and kisses.
Food-themed Cheesy Lines
Courtesy of ROMAN ODINTSOV
If there’s one thing we all love, it’s definitely the food. So, why not make your Valentine’s special by infusing more flavor into it? These cheesy and witty pick-up lines got you!
- How do you express your love through coffee?
I love you a latte!
- Be a little sweeter.
Words cannot espresso how much I love you.
- If donuts are not sweet enough, you can also say this.
I donut know what I’d do without you.
- Coffee, tea, or me?
We’re a matcha made in heaven!
- I love fries, but I love you more.
I would sacri-fries everything for you
- Fruits can give you a dose of sweetness too!
I love you from my head, tomatoes.
You’re one in a melon.
- An egg-inspired compliment will make your eye roll at its cuteness.
You are egg-quisite.
- How can you say no to a lettuce?
Lettuce be together forever
- Not all sodas are bad for your health.
- You can do well alone, but…
We’re butter together!
You’re my butter half!
- Candies also come better in pairs.
What did the boy candy say to the girl candy? It’s Valentine’s Day and we’re mint for each other.
Frequently Asked Questions on Valentine’s Day
What is another way to say Happy Valentine’s Day?
Your Valentine’s message will have to depend on the person you will give it to. You can say you’re lucky to be their friend. If it’s for your parents, you can tell them how thankful you are for having them in your life. But if it’s for someone you admire or a happy crush, just say Cupid wants his arrow back!
You can also express your love and appreciation through special arts and crafts. The best part is that you can make it a memorable bonding experience with your child! Here are some ideas to consider:
- Homemade Valentine Cards by Happy Hooligans
- Valentine’s Day Cookies Recipe by 3 Scoops of Sugar
- Valentine Movie Night Ideas with Kids by Good House Keeping
When did Valentine’s Day start?
It was said that Valentine’s Day started as a Roman festival in 1946. At the start of springtime in February, they celebrate Lupercalia, a fertility festival.
Men would pick out a woman’s name from a giant urn in this celebration. They will then be married to this chosen woman. Years later, Valentine’s had become a celebration of all forms of love.
Why do we celebrate Valentine’s Day on February 14?
Valentine’s Day is named after St. Valentine, a third-century Roman saint heavily associated with courtly love. He died on the 14th of February in 270 AD.