Do you want your kids to be unbothered by the cold season? During the winter, everyone can be happily stuck in their own homes with warm chocolate in their hand. Usually, warm chocolate and a blanket will do, but having winter puns for kids will complete their best winter days!
Let them be excited with the great puns you have prepared for them each day. They will love to look forward to hearing your amusing and clever puns while enjoying the cold weather. They won’t even be reminded how freezing it was outside when they get tired of having so much laughter!
To make the most of this season, let the kids know how fun it is to stay at home. Get ready for each one’s favorite spot in the living room, and let all the bellies hurt from laughing.
Exciting Winter Puns for Kids
Photo by Printeboek
Warm up with the best and most exciting winter puns for every kid. They will love the company of warm smiles while making a great bond with the whole family. Here is the list of winter puns to try:
- How does a fox get down a snowy mountain? They sly-de!
- Did you hear the serious story about winter? It’s snow joke!
- Why didn’t the snowman go to the party? He had snowone to go with!
- What happens when a snowman stubs his toe? It gets thaw!
- What do feet do when it snows? They go toe-bogganing!
- What do robots wear when it snows? Roboots!
- What kind of androids do you find in the arctic? Snobots!
- How does a Penguin build a LEGO house? Igloos it together!
- Where does a snowman keep his money? In a snow bank.
- What did Frosty call his cow? Eskimoo!
- What does Frosty’s wife put on her face at night? Cold cream.
- What did Jack Frost say to Frosty the Snowman? Have an ice day!
- What do Snowmen call their offspring? CHILL-dren.
- How does Snowman get to work? By icicle.
- Where do Snowmen go to dance? To snowballs.
- What do snowmen eat for lunch? Icebergers!
- What two letters of the alphabet do snowmen prefer? I.C.!
- How do snowmen greet each other? Ice to meet you!
- How do snowmen read their e-mails? With an icy-stare!
- Why was the snowman’s dog called Frost? Because Frost bites!
Photo by RebeccasPictures
- Who is Frosty’s favorite Aunt? Aunt Artica!
- Who are Frosty’s parents? Mom and Pop-Sicle!
- What kind of math do Snowy Owls like? Owlgebra.
- What do you call a slow skier? A SLOPEpoke!
- What does Jack Frost like best about school? Snow and tell.
- What sort of ball doesn’t bounce? A snowball.
- What is the favorite Mexican food of snowmen? Brrrr-itos.
- What do you eat when you’re cold and angry? A Brr Grr.
- What do you call a penguin that steals baby octopuses? A SQUIDnapper.
- Where do penguins go to the movies? At the DIVE-in!
- What do you call a snowman that tells tall tales? A snow-flake!
- Where do snowmen get the weather report? The WINTERnet.
- What is a snowman’s favorite game? Ice Spy!
- What do you call a snowman that plays piano? Meltin’ John.
- What do you call a snowman without a carrot? Nobody nose.
- If your reindeer lost his tail, where would you go to buy him a new one? A re-tail store.
- What happens when you’re alone in the water and get too cold? You’re totally ice-olated.
- What do you call a ghost in the winter? Casp-brrrrrrr.
- How do you keep from getting cold feet? Don’t go around BRRRRfooted!
- What did the tree say after a long winter? What a re-leaf!
- What do snowmen win at the Olympics? “Cold” medals.
- Where do you go to learn about the history of ice cream? Sundae School.
- What is a female snowman called? A snow-ma’am.
Photo by Congerdesign
- What was Frosty the Snowman’s career? He was in snow business.
- What did the investigator say to the snowman? Icy right through your lies.
- Why didn’t the whistleblower go outside during the winter? He was Snowden.
- Why did the groom have cold feet? He went brrr-foot to the wedding.
- Why are winter days great? They’re snow much fun!
- Did you hear about the rude snowman? He didn’t carrot all.
- Did you hear about the lisping snowman? He came, the thaw, he conquered.
- No one likes eating outside in the winter. It’s frost come, frost served.
- What did the sign say in the reindeer stable? There’s snow place like home.
- Why is it hard to ski after a fresh snow? With great powder comes great responsibility.
- What did one skier say to the other? Alpine for you when you’re gone.
- What’s the scariest part of owing Santa money? He snows where you live.
- What did the dog musher say when he got lost? I’ve sled us astray.
- What do you call one day below freezing and the next day at 70 degrees? “It’s snowing today, but water you doing tomorrow?”
- Why are wintertime fortune tellers so reliable? They can see what is mitten in the stars.
- Did you hear about the snowman who fell in love with a mitten? It was glove at first sight.
- What advice should you give to snow moving to the big city? Flake it till you make it.
Photo by AlainAudet
- What do superheroes put in their drinks? Just-ice.
- What do you call a snowman in the product aisle? Nose shopping.
- Who’s at the door? It’s snowbody.
- What did the salad say to get inside? “Lettuce in! It’s freezing out here!”
- What do you call a photo of the North Pole? A polar-oid.
Tips to Excite the Kids with Winter Puns
Winter is a fun and fantastic season to have despite the coldness it brings. To be reminded of how interesting it is, you can associate many words like snow, igloos, and penguins with the winter puns. Here are more best tips to have when it comes to giving them these exciting winter puns:
- Give winter puns to lighten the mood
There are times that you can have a misunderstanding with your kids. They can feel sadness and be down after a long talk with them. After resolving this, you can give your prepared Winter puns for them to smile again!
- Share winter puns while doing house chores
You can share these winter puns with the kids from time to time while performing different house chores. This will help them have a good and light mood while working. After all, there are so many puns and fun ideas to share while helping each other in the house!
Photo by DagnyWalter
- Leave notes that contain winter puns
Kids will love to see notes that contain puns whenever and wherever they are. You can make the most of the fun by writing it down and putting it in their bedroom, living room, or school bags! This will make them laugh and smile, and they will also feel the love and effort you give them.
Spread the cheer further by writing down your puns in these fun little Christmas cards by T MARIE Store—also filled with puns!
Frequently Asked Questions on Winter Puns for Kids
What is winter also known as?
Winter is known as the coldest season ever. This season begins in December and ends in March. This is when the daylight hours will be decreased, making it much colder for the people. There will be snow, so making snowballs and snowmen in this cold yet fun season will be fun!
What are some snow words?
Neve is a French word for snow. Blizzard is when a long and big snowstorm is about to come. Onding is also related to snow because this refers to the heavy fall of snow. Skift, on the other hand, is the opposite because it means only a light fall of snow. Lastly, the word Grue is given when you see floating snow.
What words are related to winter?
Words such as icicle, toboggan, and frigid. An icicle is a small piece of ice made from dripping water, making it freeze and hang everywhere. Toboggan is a sled but does not have any runners. It is usually designed with a curved front. Lastly, frigid is a verb, which means that it is cold!
What word goes with winter?
Adjectives for winter include: freezing, snowy, cold, frosty, icy, slushy, melting, sparkling, slippery, foggy, and misty.
For clothes to be worn in winter, there are sweaters, socks, gloves, boots, trousers, wellington boots or wellies, stockings, raincoats, and fleece. There are ice skating, tobogganing, sledding, ice hockey, and skiing for winter sports.
What is a snow lover called?
A Chionophile! Khion is a Greek word, and from this comes Chion. Khion means snow, while Phile means “lover of.” So combining these two words will make a lover of snow. People who are Chionophiles also love the cold weather or anything cold and freezing!
What are five verbs you can do in the snow?
The first verb is sledding. Sledding is a fun activity where children can ride a sled to slide down the hill. Second is snowboarding, where people can use a skateboard, and the same with sledding; they can slide down the hill.
Third is snowball fighting, where people can make a ball out of snow and throw it at anybody. Fourth is tobogganing, where people can go down the hill but with a longer sled. Last is building a fun snowman!
What are five adjectives for snow?
First is freezing because snow is very cold to hold onto. The second is chilly because you can notice how cold it gets when it snows. Third is icy because everything can get covered with ice and snow. Fourth is frosty because it can create a frost when it gets too cold. Fifth is foggy because the cold weather gives fog.
What is the symbol of winter?
Evergreen. Evergreen gives us great hope because we must survive and live through the cold weather. It may also be dark sometimes, but we hope everything will turn out fine soon. The season must also be seen with great energy and determination in life.
What animal represents winter?
Penguins! Penguins are the most loveable and cute animals when it comes to the cold places found in the world. They are famous in the lands of Antarctica because this is where they live.
They are also expert divers, so watching them dive and play with other penguins will be fun. This means they can swim as fast as possible, and no one can fully imagine their speed.
Why is winter so calming?
Winter is all about snow. Snow has many positive effects on people, especially their energy, health, and happiness. This is because snow gives us the silence we need, which makes us calmer around it. Snow activities such as sledding, snowboarding, and snowman building bring happiness and contentment to people.
Why does winter make me happy?
The cold winter season brings people joy and happiness because it lowers stress. The cold weather tightens the happiness level of the people. This means they can relieve their sadness and stress once they see and feel the snow. The cold brings people happier energy, making them love the snow and the activities associated with it.