If there are pumpkins found everywhere, then two celebrations are mostly happening right now. It is either Thanksgiving or Halloween! Kids will love to dig in through the pumpkin pies and other meals made with pumpkins!
They will also be thrilled to see pumpkins around the haunted houses. These orange types of gourd are usually carved and maintain their scary features for people to see. This brings out the Halloween spirit that every individual will surely remember throughout the year.
Aside from any of these two celebrations, pumpkins also deserve to be highlighted because of the fun and creative puns we could get from them! Pumpkins are a great symbol of abundance and funny scares for the kids, so it will be better to associate them with puns.
Exciting Pumpkin Puns for Kids to Enjoy
Courtesy of JillWellington
It’s the fun-filled celebration that matters the most. To make the kids wait for more smiles and laughter to come, let them enjoy these pumpkin puns.
- The best that money can pie!
- What did the pumpkin say when he was asked how he was feeling? I’m vine, thanks for asking!
- Pumpkin spice and everything nice.
- Happy Hollow-ween!
- What day of the week do pumpkins dread the most? Squash-urday!
- What did the pumpkin pie say after a big meal? That was filling!
- Let’s give them pumpkin to talk about!
- Be of gourd cheer.
- Give it a roast.
- What are jack-o-lanterns afraid of? Things that go pumpkin in the night!
- What kind of gourd grows on trees? Plumkins!
- Carving out some time for fun.
- Take this pumpkin or leaf it.
- Pumpkin spice up your life!
- I only have pies for you!
- When in doubt, gourd it out.
- What did the pumpkin say at the end of Halloween? Good-pie everyone!
- What do you call a pretty pumpkin? Gourgeous!
- Pumpkin spice season is finally here, better latte than never.
- Beauty is in the pie of the beholder.
- My star sign is Spisces.
- You’re my gourd luck charm.
- Who is the leader of all pumpkins? The pumpking!
- Oh my gourd. I love fall.
- What did the gardener say when all of his squash went missing? Something pumpkin is going on here!
- I’m ahead of the carve!
- I’m a country pumpkin.
- You’ve got to be pumpkin-ding me!
- You are the pumpkin of my pie.
Courtesy of Daria-Yakovleva
- What do you get when you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter? Pumpkin pi!
- Gourd big or go home.
- Slipped on a pumpkin today. It caught me off gourd.
- What kind of animal loves pumpkins? Orange-atans!
- What is orange and goes choo choo? A pumpkin train-ing!
- I used a pumpkin to summon ghosts. It was an Ouija gourd.
- Life is gourd.
- What do pumpkins eat at the cinema? Pulp corn!
- Bake my day.
- What’s cooking, gourd looking!
- An act of gourd.
- What do you call a pumpkin who works at the beach? A life-gourd!
- Who helped the baby pumpkins to cross the road? The crossing gourd!
- Have a gourd time on Halloween.
- What do you call a pumpkin that plays a lot of sport? A jock-o-lantern!
- Orange you pumped for Halloween?
- Where do pumpkins hold meetings? In the gourdroom.
- Let’s “carve out” some fun this fall.
- What’s a pumpkin’s favorite Western? The Gourd, The Bad, and The Ugly.
- Gourd vibes only.
- What do adventurous pumpkins do for fun? Go bungee gourd jumping.
- Squash goals.
- I’ve never met a pumpkin I didn’t like.
- What type of pants do ghosts wear? Boo jeans.
- Orange you pumped for Autumn?
- How does a pumpkin listen to Halloween music? On vine-yl.
- What rides do ghosts like best at the haunted carnival? The scary go-round and the roller ghost-er.
- Don’t go(urd) breaking my heart.
- You struck a gourd with me.
- What kind of romance do pumpkins enjoy? A mushy romance.
- Patch you later!
Courtesy of Jameswheeler
- I spy with my little pie.
- A pumpkin a day keeps the goblins away!
- I’m on the rind 24/7.
- Say hollow to my little friend!
- What did the queasy pumpkin say? I don’t feel so gourd.
- Let the gourd times roll!
- Which Halloween creature got the best grades in Math? Count Dracula.
- What’s a pumpkin’s favorite genre? Pulp fiction.
- Gourdness gracious!
- A latte fuss over nothing.
- I’ve got my eyes on the pies.
- What’s the problem with eating too much pumpkin pie this time of the year? You’ll get autumn’y ache.
- Piece out.
- Sorry I’m latte. I had to pick up my pumpkin spice.
- Life is gourd when it’s pumpkin spice season!
- I know a latte pumpkin spice puns.
- Why is trick or treating with identical twin witches so challenging? You can never tell which witch is which.
- Pumpkin up the volume!
- What’s a vampire’s favorite fruit? A neck-tarine.
- Carve out a niche.
- Pie’ve been waiting all season for this.
- What kind of music do mummies like best? Wrap music.
- Pie one, get one free.
- I want to suc-seed.
- Gourd luck.
- There’s a big difference between yoga and pie-lattes.
- Pumpkins are an Autumn romance.
- Pie love spending time with you.
- You occu-pie my thoughts.
- What did George Strait say to the pumpkin? I’m here for a gourd time.
- We have nothing but gourd intentions.
- Pie beg to differ!
To know more about pumpkins, here are 25 fun facts about pumpkins. These facts will help you add more pumpkin puns for your kids!
Courtesy of JillWellington
For more pumpkin ideas, check the following pumpkin activities to share with your kids:
- Easy No-Carve Pumpkin Painting
- DIY Yarn Wrapped Pumpkins
- Easy Pumpkin Art Projects
- Best Crafts with Pumpkins
- Best Backyard Pumpkin Patch Activities
Frequently Asked Questions on Pumpkin Puns for Kids
What are some pumpkin words?
Pumpkin and its related words are good to use especially for making fun pumpkin puns. To list down some of the greatest words, here is the list to choose from:
- Large melon
What are 3 interesting facts about pumpkins?
Pumpkins are best seen everywhere if it is already Thanksgiving or Halloween. To know more fun facts about pumpkins, here are some of them:
- Contrary to the beliefs of other people, a pumpkin is not a vegetable. It is a fruit! This is also the same with avocados, cucumbers, and tomatoes.
- Pumpkin contains a huge amount of water, considering it has about 90% of it.
- Antarctica is the only continent where pumpkins cannot be grown.
Why is it called pumpkin?
Pumpkin comes from the Greek word “pepon”. “Peopon” means large melon. As time passed by, the word became “pompon”, which is in French. Later on, it became “pumpion” from Britain. The final word became “pumpkin” as Americans changed it. Pumpkins are often big and round and covered with orange skin.
Why is a pumpkin a symbol?
Pumpkins are a symbol of Halloween because pumpkins can easily be carved and sculpted. People can carve scary faces on it, making it a perfect symbol for the celebration. Pumpkins are also a great symbol for Thanksgiving because they represent abundance and prosperity. People can also make scrumptious meals out of it, making them served through this time of celebration.
Is pumpkin good for mood?
Yes. They are not just good for decorations, but they also contain a great amount of potassium. This means that pumpkins can also boost their energy and happiness. Pumpkins are also packed with tryptophan, an amino acid that produces serotonin. Serotonin makes people feel good and emotionally stable, so pumpkin can boost one’s mood!
Why do we call children pumpkin?
Just like cupcake and sweetie, parents can also call their children “pumpkin.” Pumpkin can be an endearment for someone small and adorable. Parents love to call them “pumpkin” because it shows another great type of affection for their children. Children will feel the sweet and tender love from their parents, just by calling them “pumpkin.”